MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problem with hair and mograph in Cinema 4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Tosetto
Problem with hair and mograph in Cinema 4D
on Jul 10, 2011 at 12:48:02 am

I'm stumped on this one. I'm using C4D 11.5 and I'm I've added hair to a polygon selection which creates hair on a little beast.

I want the beast to dance to music so I add the beast to a fracture object and then add a sound effector to the fracture object. As soon as the beast responds to the music, the hair does not move with the polys.

Please see an example here http://modifi.com.au/hair-problem.png

I tried adding the hair to a connect object, which partially solves my problem, but then the hair covers the eyes and I can't add the polygon selection to the connect object.

I'm really stumped with this. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Problem with hair and mograph in Cinema 4D
on Jul 10, 2011 at 3:12:53 pm

As you've seen, you can't do this directly. That's because the fracture object actually generates new geometry that the Hair module can't see.

The solution is to apply the animation to another object and then use Xpresso to constrain your character's movement to the animated object. This is accomplished via the Mograph data node.

Example: 2552_xpressogettingcloneposrot.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Mike Tosetto
on Jul 10, 2011 at 11:30:54 pm

Long live The Cow... Adam, I can't thank you enough... I was completely stumped with this one and you not only answered my question but included a sample file as well.

Made my day, thanks again :)

Mike

Return to posts index

Sebastian Rasche
on Mar 9, 2013 at 7:00:03 pm

Thanks for the scene file! Really helpful. how would i go about cloning that object then? probably easy but wont get i to work with dynamics.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]