MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Merging 3D and Video

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon RoughanMerging 3D and Video
by on Jul 8, 2011 at 2:10:11 pm

Hello Everyone.
Im pitching a commercial to a natural gas supplier here in the region. I want to film some scenes of local landmarks and shopping streets around the place, and animate a gas pipeline growing along through the scenes. They want to push the local/regionality of the company. Maybe sorta kinda like this barclycard ad

But then again, without the helicopter shots! I have a bit of a budget, but not that much.
I was thinking of it growing in an organic way, like with increasing mograph instances or something. The pipe will end up plugging itself into the side of a house, Cut to inside with actor turning on gas cooker/fire...
But Id like to hear from a few of you more experienced people. What are the pitfulls with this idea? I can see alot of masking etc, as I would like it to look as real as possible, with people / cars in front of it etc. I have no means to 3d track camera moves, so thought to shoot it full HD with a static camera, and add hand held camera shakes and some slow zooming later. (It would be sent On-Air in SD). Could I make pictures from a moving vehicle without too much trouble afterwards? How would I be able to get this done with mograph? Would I need to use mospline for around corners? Am I reaching too much perhaps?
Help me Obi-Wan, youre my only hope...

thanks in advance for any hints, help, or suggestions.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Merging 3D and Video
by on Jul 9, 2011 at 3:04:21 am

Why not a sweep nurb for the pipe or do you need the look of pieces coming together?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved