workflow question. Edit in C4d or FCP?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elin grome
workflow question. Edit in C4d or FCP?
on Jul 7, 2011 at 5:42:48 pm

Hi all,

Had a worfklow question.

Im working on a 60 second corporate anim.

The piece involves lots mograph clones and camera moves - but its still a pure 3d piece - ie no cut with footage or any non c4d media..

Im from an edit background - so i like to export the main camera moves - plus maybe one or two other little scenes from different povs - and then put the piece together in AE/FCP and time audio, Voicetrack etc... rather like working with footage from multiple cameras.

A friend suggested i was daft to work this way..

But I find it rather difficult to work in a strictly linear way in C4d - planning every scene/cut as you go - but is this strictly speaking 'the way' to do it?

if so ill wean myself off my bad habits...

Any insight appreciated

ELin

It's all the those pesky details :p

Return to posts index

Greg Burrus
Re: workflow question. Edit in C4d or FCP?
on Jul 7, 2011 at 6:12:19 pm

I don't believe there is a way to do exactly what your talking about directly inside final cut.

There is a stage object in cinema 4D where you can swap out different cameras that you have in you scene to make cuts and what not. I have actually made Xpresso setup that makes this easier without keyframes, though I haven't posted it yet,(sorry for the plug) script explnation, Animation video example. The draw back of course is you can't do any fades in cinema 4D.

You could of course render all of your camera angles but that would take for ever and one mistake would force you to re-render for at least that cut.
One way I've done it is render out all the cameras but only in software or hardware preview so it takes almost no time to render. Then play around with the edit in after effects. That way I know what parts to render and either do the edit in C4D or render out just the part I need.

Just my ideas and I'm sure people more advance people in C4D have more professional or practical tips.

hope this helps

Greg

http://mogra.g2bproductions.com/ - Blog
http://g2bproductions.com/ - Portfolio

Return to posts index

Elin grome
on Jul 7, 2011 at 6:48:25 pm

Hi Greg

"One way I've done it is render out all the cameras but only in software or hardware preview so it takes almost no time to render."

I think thats the fwd for me till i master c4d a little better

thanks

Elin

It's all the those pesky details :p

Return to posts index

randy johnson
on Jul 8, 2011 at 5:16:30 pm

I render out the whole scene in as many angles and camera moves as I have time for so i would not say your daft at all. I generally render it out with out lighting and textures and stuff then edit and re render with all the extras. Even then the stage object does not always work since your disolves and other transitions need over lapping frames.

/Randy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]