MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to use deflector in Cinema4d

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Faheem AhmedHow to use deflector in Cinema4d
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 3:56:50 pm

Im new to cinema4d, i have make a scene that text is exploding out from wall and falling on floor using random and plain effector. but the mesh of broken text falls on other side of the wall opp to camera. im using deflector to avoid that but it isn't working. i have used gravity in scene as well. Any solution for this would be very appreciated.

Return to posts index

Matt GerardRe: How to use deflector in Cinema4d
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 5:04:03 pm

Im not an expert, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but a deflector only works on particles. You need to create a collider object that the dynamics of the falling text can interact with. So either make the wall a collider object (not a ridgid body, or gravity will effect it) and make sure the wall and the text aren't intersecting or strange interactions will happen. Or make an invisible plane as a collider object instead of the wall. The main issue I've ran into is making sure the text and the collider object you are using as a deflector aren't touching at the beginning of the animation.

So, can't use a deflector, those are only for particles, create a collider object for the text to interact with to keep it from going behind the wall.

Good luck!

Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow...

Return to posts index

Sohaib ZizaneRe: How to use deflector in Cinema4d
by on May 20, 2013 at 5:48:05 am

Thank you, great idea, it works now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved