MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Turning off all lights/incl. Default

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly JohnsonTurning off all lights/incl. Default
by on Jul 5, 2011 at 3:37:53 am

I'm wanting to render some animation but not have any lighting other reflections/shine etc.

I have a cube and the materials are showing bits of glare indicating there is a light source.

In Render/Options, I clicked off transparency, reflections/refraction, volumetric lighting...everything except the default light and I even tried reducing the Global lighting to 50%.

The render still shows some sheen/glare on sides that rotate away.

As this 20 seconds will be added to a larger piece in After Effects, I'd rather not get into matching lighting and such. Plus, in the AE piece, there really isn't any lighting causing sheen/shadows and such.

So, I just need to render out this cube flat, overall colors that don't darken as they rotate out of sight or lighten as they come in.

What would be the best procedure for something like this?

Return to posts index

Greg BurrusRe: Turning off all lights/incl. Default
by on Jul 5, 2011 at 1:11:38 pm

If you don't want any shading at all then try using just luminance in the material of the texture you are using. You will just get the basic color and shape with no visible sides. If you want a little bit of shading just mix it on top of the color channel using less brightness in the luminance channel.

Hop that helps

Greg - Blog - Portfolio

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Turning off all lights/incl. Default
by on Jul 5, 2011 at 3:00:01 pm

you might be wanting to turn off/disable Specular. It can be turned off in the Basic tab of any material or in the General tab of any light.

Return to posts index

Kelly JohnsonRe: Turning off all lights/incl. Default
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 4:16:09 pm

Yep, specular provided the right look, thanks again.... I feel like I should send you the job# so you can bill your time on this one!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved