MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

inverse light fall off

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Sandersoninverse light fall off
by on Jul 1, 2011 at 8:27:56 pm

2 posts in a row i know, busy day. Ive been looking online but cant find an answer. For this same bathroom interior ive been following a DT tutorial for lighting and rendering interior scenes. And just got to a point where he chooses "Inverse" light falloff from his drop down menu, and i dont have that option, along with many other options he has. Im using c4d r12 so im guessing hes on an older one sicne i know c4d seemed to "consolidate" a lot of features in r12. So how can i achieve this inverse fall off space? Has it moved or am i forced to just find work arounds to achieve the look?

Return to posts index

Tim ShetzRe: inverse light fall off
by on Jul 1, 2011 at 9:03:13 pm

Under falloff, you don't have inverse-square?

Are you using r12 Studio?

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Eric SandersonRe: inverse light fall off
by on Jul 2, 2011 at 12:03:46 am

Ya i have inverse square, and inverse square clamped, but what i want is simply "inversed" like previous versions have. inverse squared tends to blow lights out at the source.

Return to posts index

Tim ShetzRe: inverse light fall off
by on Jul 2, 2011 at 12:56:20 am

Hmmm, I've always used inverse square since it is how light really falls off. Never had a problem with it blowing out the lights. I just adjust the light visibility settings and the falloff....

What type of light are you using? ie visible,volumetric, etc.

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: inverse light fall off
by on Jul 3, 2011 at 4:12:09 am

True, inverse square is the realistic choice. Blowout is less of a problem than it used to be if you are using linear (gamma) workflow.

Return to posts index

Eric SandersonRe: inverse light fall off
by on Jul 5, 2011 at 2:32:08 pm

I actually am using linear (setting gamma to 2.2 right?). For my future scenes ill keep into consideration using inverse square, just for the moment though im following a tutorial trying to improve my lighting and rendering skills and reached a step that they used just inverse, which in his scene improved it a lot so for now was just trying to do that for the sake of following along.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: inverse light fall off
by on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:35:32 pm

Linear means a gamma of 1. In R12 all you have to do is check the linear workflow box in project settings. That takes care of everything except your eventual output settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]