MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

exhausting viewport zoom

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Sanderson
exhausting viewport zoom
on Jul 1, 2011 at 6:41:15 pm

This is something ive always wondered about but is finally getting on my nerves enough to find a solution for. For example right now im working on a bathroom interior scene, say i want to select the sink faucet and really get close to and tweak it, the frame selected object "O" will get me almost there but when i try to zoom in to as close as i want im literally waving my arm back and forth across my wacom like a mad man, while my zoom just baaaaaarely creeps forward just trying to get that last few inches closer, its getting exhausting with as often as i have to do this in my scene. My only work around so far is using the scroll wheel on my wacom, which works fine but since my cursor has to remain in the viewport window im doing this weird crossed armed thing every other minute lol.

There has to be a setting somewhere ive overlooked right? Or an alternative zoom aside from "alt" that quantizes the move or something? this is an extremely inefficient, and tiring way to work.

Return to posts index

Eric Sanderson
Re: exhausting viewport zoom
on Jul 5, 2011 at 3:51:01 pm

Does nobody else run into this problem or does nobody know a solution?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:46:47 pm

Try moving the camera forward in combination with zooming instead of doing everything with zoom.

Return to posts index

Eric Sanderson
on Jul 6, 2011 at 2:15:04 pm

sorry i didnt word it correctly, im not using a physical camera in these scenarios. Im simply talking about the viewport view, while navigating around a scene.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jul 6, 2011 at 2:26:08 pm

It's the same thing, actually. The editor camera is really just an invisible regular camera. Thus you can run into the same problem when you rely solely on the zoom function: get zoomed in too far and the camera gets "stuck".

Return to posts index

Eric Sanderson
on Jul 6, 2011 at 4:06:21 pm

oh ok, ya thats basically what happens, only problem is C4D and i have completely different definitions of zoomed "too far" lol, it seems to get stuck way out from my object depending (at least it seems to be dependent) on how big my scene is. So when im alt+dragging and i get stuck is there a hotkey or action to zoom in tandem with the move?

Return to posts index

Tim Shetz
on Jul 6, 2011 at 5:02:55 pm

You can try:

O key for Frame Active Objects
or
S key for Frame Selected Objects
or
H for for Frame Scene

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Tim Shetz
on Jul 6, 2011 at 5:04:32 pm

Sorry, haven't had my coffee this morning.

Those will jut get you back so you aren't stuck. Maybe not what you are looking for.

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Eric Sanderson
on Jul 6, 2011 at 9:13:54 pm

haha thanks, ya im aware of the framing hotkeys.

Return to posts index

James Hurlburt
on Feb 8, 2014 at 6:49:33 am

i'm sure you figured this out but ...go to prefs / Navigation / Camera Mode = Object

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]