MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cant see Weight points on 'clones' with Fracture Object :s

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elin grome
Cant see Weight points on 'clones' with Fracture Object :s
on Jun 30, 2011 at 4:11:30 pm

Hi all,

I have a collection of editable poly objects under a fracture object in order to apply effectors.

Works ok but I want to use weight transform on a random effector to give some randomness to movement with other effectors..

but for some reason I cant see the weight points when I turn on display: weight in the transform tab - when using a cloner seems ok...

Thanks 4 your help...

It's all the those pesky details :p

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Cant see Weight points on 'clones' with Fracture Object :s
on Jun 30, 2011 at 10:43:40 pm

I can see the weight points here (R12), but only if the fracture object is selected.

Return to posts index

Elin grome
Re: Cant see Weight points on 'clones' - Still lost with Fracture Obj:(
on Jul 6, 2011 at 12:21:39 pm

Hi Adam,

wierd :s

Ive checked a triple checked but cant get the weight points to display.

Even if i open a new file, create a couple of cubes and put in a fracture object, then with FO selected, change display to 'weight' - still dont appear.

Anyway, that aside - I have a bigger issue with the fracture object - namely that im working with quite a funky setup of effectors from a tip I got from tim clapham using time effector and stuff...

When I replace the cloner obj. in that setup with a new one all works fine... but when I put in a fracture object - even if its created directly from that same cloner obj. - only some of the effectors in the list work - namely those shaders that create rotation and visibility - but the time effector and visibilty shaders dont seem to execute....

Do you know of ny documented limitations of the fracture object v cloner object ?

I know this is vague - ive attached a scene file if anyone has some time - as u can see the cloner object works correctly - the fracture not...

thanks (again) in advance,

Elin

Return to posts index

Elin grome
on Jul 6, 2011 at 4:56:11 pm

ok ive tried to upload the file about 8 times but cant even manage that :(

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 6, 2011 at 5:56:37 pm

you have to copy the link you get on the last upload page back into the post you are making

Return to posts index

Elin grome
on Jul 7, 2011 at 12:16:57 pm

thanks brian.

Its 35 degrees here again today - with no A.C. - which doesnt help my already waning concentration. Actually ive decided to move on from that problem and workaround it.

But of course I have another issue now - so ill repost a new thread :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]