MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

mograph/effector question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elin gromemograph/effector question
by on Jun 29, 2011 at 10:32:18 am

Hi all,

I have a simple question - but nevertheless one I can solve :s - I have a mograph grid of cubes, 16x1y16z.

I am animating across this grid, like flying over a chessboard. As i fly over I want selected clones to light up a la Billy Jean (ooh!) - with the camera targetted to the effector...

Whats the best way to do this? I thought about animating a shader effector, but then I want to it follow a more snaking path - and so this would be difficult...

Im thinking also maybe my making a mograph selection of the clones i want to light up - and then applying the effector to that selection only...

Any advice appreciated - I have alot of these to do and i dont want to start the wrong way and i aint too experienced with mograph ( tho it feels like ive been saying that for about 2 years :s)

Elin.

It's all the those pesky details :p

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: mograph/effector question
by on Jun 29, 2011 at 12:02:11 pm

I have a file here:
http://rootvisuals.com/wordpress/?page_id=82

that is called LED lights that uses the volume effector to switch on and off clones. So it has one set of clones that are bright and one set that are not.... might work for you. You need to render to see the difference.

/Randy

Return to posts index

Elin gromeRe: mograph/effector question
by on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:31:47 pm

thanks randy - thats really kind - ill give it a go...

It's all the those pesky details :p

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]