MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D Bringing a character to life

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver RasmussenCinema 4D Bringing a character to life
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 8:28:38 pm

Hello all Creative Cow members.

I would like to go into Character rigging and animating in Cinema 4D.
The version of Cinema 4D i am using is R12.
In my case I can't seem to find anything helpful because most of the tutorials are 2 years old and i can't find that much of the C4D R12 version that i am using.
So I need your help to get a better knowledge of Bringing a Character to life and i am appreciating every helpful tutorial that can get me further into it.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Greg BurrusRe: Cinema 4D Bringing a character to life
by on Jun 26, 2011 at 12:21:41 am

If you haven't checked found them already is usally a good place too look.

Cinveristy , is good for everything but you do have to pay for some/alot of tut's.

Robert leger did a quick tip on IK chains,

Some of the older tutorial you find can still apply to the current version just the location of some of the tools have moved or are named differently.

One resource for easy walking of characters is which makes a walk cycle for you.

Cactus Dan ,, has some tut on using his plugins for character work in cinema.

Generally cinema hasn't been known for character animation but with the improved tools it's being used that way more now. When I was looking for resources I just did a google/youtube search and found some tuts for what I needed. Even the older ones helped.

As for animation tuts for character I can't think of any just for cinema, except for cinversity, but other packagers that are known for character animation have more resources like maya. Traditional animation also has a lot that you can learn from for character animation even 2D.

hope this helps somewhat.

Greg - Blog - Portfolio

Return to posts index

Oliver RasmussenRe: Cinema 4D Bringing a character to life
by on Jun 26, 2011 at 1:42:52 pm

Thank you very much Greg!
I will go check these links out :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved