MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Smoothing out multiple shapes

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon ButtrySmoothing out multiple shapes
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 1:54:34 pm

Basic modeling question here. I've got 3 sweep nurbs objects containing a curved spline for the directional path and a rounded rectangle spline for the shape. The 3 all converge, and I'm trying to smooth out the point where they come together. What is the best way to do this?

I've tried converting to polys, connecting objects, ironing and hyper nurbs, but I haven't had one method that has really worked well.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Smoothing out multiple shapes
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 2:36:35 pm

There's no eashy solution for this in Cinema, unfortunately. I would lower the density of the sweep meshes, convert to polygons, connect the objects, and then weld/stitch/bridge/etc., until it was all together. Then use hyperNurbs to smooth.

Return to posts index

Jack CookRe: Smoothing out multiple shapes
by on Jun 28, 2011 at 11:49:06 am

There is a free plugin that will do this. It's called OneSpline. You make your three splines (or more) and put them into a OneSpline object, and then this you can put into a SweepNURBs in place of the normal path spline, then add your profile spline (a rectangle in this case). The OneSpline object with the splines inside it acts as the path for the Sweep. Here's a link:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved