MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Texture Tiling over Large Areas

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron MooreTexture Tiling over Large Areas
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 4:27:48 pm

I have a fundamental question regarding the texturing of a large expanse of, for example, grass or concrete. When I apply a material to either a Floor oblect or even a large Plane I'm never able to create the uniform look of a field of grass or large concrete area but merely an all too obvious repeating pattern of my .jpeg image (even when I use a hi-res version). I've tried lowering the Size the applied image and of course different projections but nothing seems to give me that uniform render I need. I'm surely missing a very basic tenet of working with Materials but will someone point me in the right direction?

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: Texture Tiling over Large Areas
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 6:19:09 pm

Assuming you have a perfect tile bitmap that you are importing.
This is where the different blending options and layers and diffusion come in. So you can add procedural shading that cover the entire UV not just repeat them selves.
For example adding noise over the bitmap that is on a really high scale and multiplied over is going to do a lot in ways of not changing the look but removing "seams" stuff like that.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Texture Tiling over Large Areas
by on Jun 21, 2011 at 2:15:09 pm

Agree, but let's not to gloss over the importance of using a tiling texture to begin with. Unless a bitmap has been specifically prepared for tiling, it's going to show repeats at the seams. This is an advantage of (most) commercial texture collections, though it's possible to find tiling textures on the internet, or create them yourself.

Return to posts index

Ron MooreRe: Texture Tiling over Large Areas
by on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:43:19 pm

Thanks for the help and perhaps that's the best thing to keep in mind to first off create a texture that doesn't need to be fixed and is pretty near seamless to begin with. It probably makes the tiling all the easier. I've been working with Cinema 4D for around 3 years now and still find that I've glossed over some basic operations such that there are gaps in my education on this many-faceted program, but it's been a blast.

Return to posts index

Cristian JimenezRe: Texture Tiling over Large Areas
by on Jul 8, 2013 at 11:11:13 pm

Hi there buddy

Can you show a sample of the process and the result, please?

Thank you very much

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved