MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D Light Preview Animation Distortion

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukas SedlakC4D Light Preview Animation Distortion
by on Jun 19, 2011 at 10:39:48 am

Hi. I would like to ask if anyone of you know where might be the problem. I can get nice realistic lights in animations. In preview animations i have light "distortions" that i cant smooth out. I would like to know if there is somethink i am doing wrong or there is bad setting. I used default c4d settings and lighting used there is omni light linear fallof with soft shadows.

Normal Render

0_airlock.jpg

Distorted Preview Snapshot

0_preview.jpg

Simple view to point this problem

What I want video preview to be

a.jpg

What comes from it in animation

b.jpg

This Circular pattern might be the basic problem of this. I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D Light Preview Animation Distortion
by on Jun 19, 2011 at 1:20:40 pm

how did you produce a.jpg, how did you produce b.jpg? The banding is normal if you don't have enough colors to go from one shade to another over a long distance. In b.jpg there are only 25 shades of grey visible in the whole picture. Your images look reminiscent of the bad old days when there were fewer colors available. How are you producing those images? How are you rendering out the animation, as stills? As a movie file? in both cases what is the format and/or compression?

Return to posts index

Lukas SedlakRe: C4D Light Preview Animation Distortion
by on Jun 19, 2011 at 6:52:10 pm

Picture A is clasic JPEG 70 DPI picture still render. B is Avi video from preview option. It might something to do with 8b depth of rendering, but I cant figure any seting where I can change it. I am only starting to learn about C4D and I couldnt find this kind of problem anywhere. I can upload scene file if it helps.

rendertype.jpg

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D Light Preview Animation Distortion
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 3:53:39 am

either render to an image sequence (tiffs of something like that) or find an avi codec which is better than the one you're using or try rendering to quicktime (using the right codec counts there too but there are better/more choices without having to download anything).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]