MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

how do you save seperate passes from picture viewer?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen turcottehow do you save seperate passes from picture viewer?
by on Jun 17, 2011 at 10:21:27 pm

I rendered a super long clip, it took about 2 days to render. I exported the rgba image, an object buffer, and shadow pass. Somehow my shadow pass didn't get saved to a folder, but everything else did.

I would hate to render this all again, but I can't figure out how to save the shadow pass that is visible in the picture viewer as a separate clip. So all I'm looking to do is save out a movie of the shadow pass for compositing in AE.

Is there a way to do this without starting all over?

Return to posts index

Greg BurrusRe: how do you save seperate passes from picture viewer?
by on Jun 18, 2011 at 6:41:09 pm

What you can do is in the picture viewer select the single pass radial button then select the shadow pass.
I made sure to have them all in the cache by clicking the cache maximum number for frames button on the bottom right of the picture viewer. If you can't cache them all then you might need to do it in parts.

Then go to file save as, for the type choose selected frames or animation. Choose all the other options like you normal would. Save it with a name that it normal would do from a multi pass render or you could just import later directly. Click ok and it should render it out.

This worked for me in my little demo of 30 frames. If it doesn't render out the first time make sure you add an extension at the end of the save file name [filename.png]. For some reason at first it didn't work without it then it did.

Greg

Return to posts index

stephen turcotteRe: how do you save seperate passes from picture viewer?
by on Jun 18, 2011 at 11:16:59 pm

Hi Greg-

Thanks so much for looking into that! I'll give it a whirl and let you know. I'm sure it will save me a ton of time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]