MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Making Selected Mograph clones disappear

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Hattne
Making Selected Mograph clones disappear
on Jun 17, 2011 at 12:23:06 pm

Hi,
I've got a bunch of spheres distributed on a floor. (With dynamics, they are about 800..)
I want some of them to dissapear, at one point. What I have done is ad four spheres in a cloner grid formation. Third sphere in the cloner has a visibility tag and i turn opacity to 0. I was hoping a step efector could get them to disappear a bit more randomly. But that didn't happen.

Now I'm thinking some effector with a fall off would be much better. But what could I use to make them disappear?

Many thanks,
Anders

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

Greg Burrus
Re: Making Selected Mograph clones disappear
on Jun 17, 2011 at 1:08:39 pm

I have figured out two way you can get this effect. The idea behind is it you have 3 object in a cloner with is set to sort mode for clones. Inside the cloner you have your copies of your objects each with either a display tag or texture that has the visibility or transparency from 100 to 0. Each should have a different value and it seems to more you have the better the transition. Then you add a effector, I used a step, and set it to modify clones at 100%. Then I added a fall off and ran it through the clones. I'm sure you have to play with it a bit to get the effect you want but this should give you the idea.

I've uploaded my testing file as an example. Hope this helps.

Greg

2458_disappearclones.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jun 17, 2011 at 2:35:08 pm

A simple way to do it is to use a Random Effector with the visibility box checked (paramters tab) . Then set the mode (effector tab) to noise and adjust the speed, scale, and Min/Max values.

Return to posts index

Anders Hattne
on Jun 20, 2011 at 8:56:28 am

Hi, thank you very much for your suggestions. Both seem to do the trick perfectly!

Thanks!
Anders

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]