MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

xpresso for changing Image on color channel

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Geiger
xpresso for changing Image on color channel
on Jun 17, 2011 at 12:44:21 am

Hello-
I am setting up a C4D file that various groups of broadcast graphic depts will be using, Thus I want to create a user data keeled expresso node so that designers have all the options they need to change in one place, one element they will need to change is an image that gets mapped onto a background object.

I was thinking that in the parent node they have a user data filename field which will then get mapped onto a material that is applied to a Background object. But I am having trouble making my filename user data field connect to the "color" node of a material.

I can see why this wouldn't exactly add up as maybe the "color" input of a material is looking for real number data, so my question, is thier possibly another node that I need to put between these two nodes to make the Image inserted into the filename field gets mapped onto the color channel? Or some other way altogether? Hopefully not a COFFEE thing?

Thanks everyone,
Matt

Return to posts index

Greg Burrus
Re: xpresso for changing Image on color channel
on Jun 17, 2011 at 2:43:20 am

Check out this forum post on c4d cafe http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/topic/49902-xpresso-texture/

I tried to do it myself for a bit. I thought it would be the shader user data since when you copy the user date it paste in as a link with an interface shader but there was still no way to load it in like when you tried. Then after trying things for a while I did a quick google search and this is what came up.
It's so simple just drag the image into the Xpresso window to make a bitmap node. It's the first one in the General xpresso tab.

Greg

Return to posts index

randy johnson
on Jun 17, 2011 at 11:20:39 am

Pretty straight forward if I understand you right.
I just dragged the preview pic. from a texture into the xpresso window and connected that with a filename link from a user data.
http://rootvisuals.com/Downloads/Matxpresso.c4d.zip
/randy

Return to posts index

Matthew Geiger
on Jun 17, 2011 at 10:55:22 pm

Thanks, the bitmap node made it happen! Forgot all about that. lots of useful things can happen with that there bitmap node.

thanks guys

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]