MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Extra New

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff CorbettExtra New
by on Jun 14, 2011 at 5:31:45 pm

I have C4Dr12. I have not gotten into very much until about a month ago.

While going thru a tutorial i ran into an issue with materials. I set my material up the same as the tutorial. But the color will not take. I get some of the color in the reflection but not a true hard color its more of a slight tint.

""In order to do something well, you have to actually do something.""
> Knowledge + Action = Wisdom <

Return to posts index

Greg BurrusRe: Extra New
by on Jun 14, 2011 at 5:57:56 pm

I'm not fully sure what your problem is based on how you described it but it you want the texture to have full color then you need to set it in the colour tab properties. If you want it just in the reflection then you need to click into fresnel properties right there in the reflection properties and change the gradient colors.

Hope that helps

Return to posts index

Tim ShetzRe: Extra New
by on Jun 15, 2011 at 12:51:53 am

As Greg says, according to your image, you are only setting this red color in the reflection tab. You have Color AND Reflection active, but since I can't see what your color settings are on the Color tab, I have to assume it is the default gray.

In order to use the exact red you have here, you can grab the color swatch and drag it over the word Color at the top of your material editor, once it switches to that tab, you can drop the color onto the color swatch there.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense...

Tim Shetz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved