MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Polygon count

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason StirretPolygon count
by on Jun 11, 2011 at 10:15:48 pm

Is there a polygon counter within C4D? One more question...have an object with mucho polygons, how can I reduce the count (poly reduction) without loosing the objects form? I have tried polygon reduction, and yes its works to a point, but you reach a threshold where it starts to warp and randomize the original shape. Is there another method or am I to suffice with poly reduction?

Thanks allot!

Return to posts index

Sebastian HageneuerRe: Polygon count
by on Jun 12, 2011 at 7:46:40 am

Yes there is a polygon count in C4D (and it can count more actually).
Open the settings for your perspective window by pressing Shift+V. There you will find a group called HUD. There you can manage what you see in the HUD in the upper left corner of the perspective window. I guess the original setting is only to "perspective" (sorry, I work with the German version and am not quiet sure how everything is called in the English version). You can click the option "selected polygons" if you want to count only selected polygons or you can click the option "statistic" where everything is counted. Just try a little bit with that.
Another way for polygon reduction except the polygon-reduction-tool and simply work by hand, I don't know.

artefacts - visualising the ancient world

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: Polygon count
by on Jun 12, 2011 at 9:44:27 am

Right Click on the object in the Object Manager and click on OBJECT information that is your poly count.

As for reduction I generally do it by hand welding and moving points.... or in more cases than not I remodel using the first as a guide.

As for using the poly reduction you can current state object command and start over sometime you get a little closer but I cannot really say its worth the effort.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved