MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Sugg's for Flowing Line Animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay inglesSugg's for Flowing Line Animation
by on Jun 11, 2011 at 7:40:12 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on techniques/tools to use to create a fluid flowing line animation. The image below was part of the creative brief and typically i would approach this in After Effects with Particular, but want to use Cinema 4D.

Sweep Nurbs is my initial inclination, but what are the benefits/limitations of Sweep Nurbs / Tracers / AE Particular?

The line will need to be customizable and outline/create images the narration speaks about.

Any advice, Tutorials, or Refs are appreciated.
Thanks

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: Sugg's for Flowing Line Animation
by on Jun 12, 2011 at 9:48:44 am

Sweep nurbs and tracers are nice to work with for this in addition to Sketch and Toon you will be able to get good results....there was a tutorial around something about IPOD but I cannot remember where, or who made it.

/Randy

Return to posts index

jay inglesRe: Sugg's for Flowing Line Animation
by on Jun 12, 2011 at 5:06:54 pm

Thanks Randy,

I got some pleasing test results with spline and Sketch and Toon. Are there any foreseeable problems with using splines and animating S&T start/stops?

Since im not An experienced c4d user, It seems that S&T may be the easiest, visually pleasing approach...no? Im concerned I might get undesireable results with Tracers/sweep nurbs that I won't know how to remedy.

Im Also looking into Mospline.
More testing to do. Thanks!

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: Sugg's for Flowing Line Animation
by on Jun 12, 2011 at 6:59:11 pm

You get more depth with a sweep nurbs but it is dependent on your lighting and all that. You will want to avoid thin lines with S&T they will get anti ailiasing issues when rendered.

/Randy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]