MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

how to create a light pass?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean boweringhow to create a light pass?
by on Jun 10, 2011 at 6:04:45 pm

hi

i have an shape from illustrator imported into C4D. i have extruded it and added a gradient color texture. so far so good. now i need to add a light pass (light glint or highlight) down just the extruded edge of the shape. is there a way of creating and animating this streak of light so it passes over the original color? i'm stumped...

thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

sean boweringRe: how to create a light pass?
by on Jun 10, 2011 at 6:05:36 pm

oops sorry please ignore this, i re-sent it by accident.

Return to posts index

Jason StirretRe: how to create a light pass?
by on Jun 11, 2011 at 10:12:21 pm

Might be able to help but just cant picture what your trying to accomplish... are trying to animate the texture?

Return to posts index

by on Jun 11, 2011 at 11:25:22 pm

thanks for your interest. here's what i'm trying to do:

i have a shape imported from illustrator. i've extruded it, and added a gradient color texture. i'm trying to add a slither of light that runs just down the extruded section of the object, on top of the color. a simple white band would be great. i just need to figure out how to add it to just the extruded section, and how to animate its position... does that make any sense? any ideas?

Return to posts index

by on Jun 17, 2011 at 6:05:47 am

Is this like something your trying to do? If so let me know and I'll explain it.

Test render

J

Return to posts index

by on Jun 17, 2011 at 11:49:46 am

many thanks for your time, i figured it out.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 17, 2011 at 8:28:38 pm

Would you mind posting what you did so I can see what you were talking about? Its in this fashion that we all get better at this C4D thing!

Return to posts index

by on Jun 17, 2011 at 8:48:12 pm

sure. how do i add an attachment?

Return to posts index

by on Jun 19, 2011 at 9:05:59 pm

If your just posting a picture click on the image upload button (the red arrow) and follow the instructions. For video the green arrow. The basic idea is to copy the "embed" code next to the picture and past it into the message box where you want the picture or video to show. Video is a bit more complex and I still have trouble with it.

You want to save your video as an H264 file before hand so the cow wont have to convert it for you. You can do this from your render viewer. Click on save as...animation...QT video (easiest) and under options you can change the format to H264 (this basically compresses the file to about 15% of the original. Save the video where ever you choose. I upload my videos before I write the message because after you upload it the cow tells you to basically come back later while it converts the video. you'll get an email telling you it is done. Click on the link and it takes you to a screen where you can view it. This is where you go to the "embed" to the bottom right... highlight it...copy it...now you can go to the forum write your message and past in the code which will show the video in your posting. Its kind of tricky, but it works!

Good luck, cant wait to see it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]