MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4d Hair Presets

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam forbes
Cinema 4d Hair Presets
on May 24, 2011 at 9:12:50 pm

So I'm trying to make a cow in C4d and they have a great COW hair preset. When I double click it it opens a new scene file and it looks really nice when rendered.

I just can't figure out how to apply that preset to what I'm working on. Or even to a random cube. I've tried copying and pasting the textures but something is just not converting correctly.

Any help on how to apply these presets?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Cinema 4d Hair Presets
on May 25, 2011 at 12:38:48 am

you have to grow hair on your new target object and set it's length and brush it then add the hair mat from the preset to the hair object and the base texture to your cow. I don't think it's possible to preset brushing, it's too complex for that (I would think).

Return to posts index

Adam forbes
on May 25, 2011 at 4:27:00 pm

K thanks for your response. I'm still pretty new, so that went a little bit over my head. Any good hair tutorials that would explain the basics that you know about? I don't really follow how to do what you just said.

Return to posts index

Adam forbes
on May 25, 2011 at 5:42:32 pm

So I've gotten close, but I can't seem to get the hair to adopt the same color as the base cow.

THE Preset looks nice like this

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 26, 2011 at 1:38:17 am

check Hair Material/Color/Surface that should give your hair the same color as the surface material

Return to posts index

Adam forbes
on May 26, 2011 at 2:09:06 am

where is that located on the hair material or the hair object?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 26, 2011 at 3:13:45 am

Hair Material

Return to posts index

Adam forbes
on May 26, 2011 at 3:59:30 pm

This?

because when i check it, it doesn't change anything. The hair is still brown, not the color of the surface

Return to posts index

Adam forbes
on May 26, 2011 at 4:31:31 pm

So i think I figured that out, when I use that feature on a random sphere I can get the color of the hair to match the surface, but when I apply it to my cow, which has a uv mapped texture on it the hairs all seem to just be black instead of white and black. Is there some issue with it recognizing UV mapped textures as opposed to normal textures?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 27, 2011 at 12:35:19 am

I see, well, what you can do is to use the Roots setting just above the Surface setting in the Hair Material Color tab. You can't feed it a texture tag, you have to use channel shaders or images but it's not hard, basically just put whatever you have in the color channel of your cow's current texture into the Roots slot and it should give you a result.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]