MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to offset a stacking animation easily?? need help

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Umer Zafar
How to offset a stacking animation easily?? need help
on Mar 20, 2011 at 10:23:38 am

Hello all,

i need some help, i want to do an animation in which words will fall from the sky, stack on each other and make a typographic building similar to this picture
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BhJFHUfA88M/TV03fl3SivI/AAAAAAAAAEg/dK7jSalibhc/s...

there is a lot of text involved, plus i have to import all the text from illustrator n extrude it and then animate and control its fall. what can be the best approach in animating such items?? i want to control the offset timing of words so that

the last letters to settle come down smoother than the ones before.
is there an expresso solution to this so i can change the timing anytime i want ??

i ve tried using a step effector but its not giving me the proper control over the order of words or maybe i am not doing it right..

kindly help me out. i know i can do it manually but it will get very frustrating if any changes come along...

thanks and good day.
--
Regards
Umer Zafar

Regards

Muhammed Umer Zafar
Graphic Designer / Animator
City42,
Lahore, Pakistan.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: How to offset a stacking animation easily??
on Mar 20, 2011 at 4:31:08 pm

Here's an example where the letters fall individually instead of the words, but you could use a similar method to have the words fall independantly: 1786_wordtower1.c4d.zip

I animated the position of a random effecor and plain effector, both using the same linear falloff, to achieve the effect. You can change the timing by adjusting the f-curve of the null that's moving the effectors.

Return to posts index

Umer Zafar
Re: How to offset a stacking animation easily??
on Mar 20, 2011 at 8:17:53 pm

very,very generous of you for providing the example, saved me a ton of time...i am looking in it right now.... thanks n god bless.

Regards

Muhammed Umer Zafar
City42,
Lahore, Pakistan.

Return to posts index

Umer Zafar
cinema freezing down...
on Mar 20, 2011 at 11:13:34 pm

Hey Allan ,

i am facing a problem.. the fracture explode and connect function is freezing things up, even when i open your file, it pauses for a good 5,6 secs... n i ve a good machine, xeon 2.66 gHz wt 4 gb ram, win 7 64 bit.... i fear that this solution wont go well with whole lotta txt as i am planning to animate a number of such typo buildings....

any suggestions???

Regards

Muhammed Umer Zafar
City42,
Lahore, Pakistan.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: cinema freezing down...
on Mar 21, 2011 at 1:00:16 am

it only uses one core during the setup but after that is over it should play fine. Another way would be to make all the text out of MoText then you don't need the Fracture, just add the Effectors to the various MoText's effector slots (all, line, word, letters) depending on what you need. Not as easy to set up as an imported spline but without the delay after a change

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]