MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

how to build/move realistic titles for video composite?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Roberts
how to build/move realistic titles for video composite?
on Jan 23, 2011 at 1:51:59 am

Hi there,
I am trying to build some 3d titles for a video clip I have made, I’m rather new to cinema 4d.

I know how to build a basic 3d title in c4d and key frame rotation/position, then export into adobe after effects to track and composite with my footage.

What I’m having trouble with is getting the c4d text to look realistic (e.g. like a real object not cg)

Can anyone make some suggestions of how to build a material to make realistic white letters, or black, possibly even add some reflections from the actual video footage (maybe export a still frame of the video and use this somewhere in the material settings :S ??) I’m thinking that lighting also plays a critical role in getting the text to look more realistic???

The shot im trying to achieve is simply of the text above green grass with a blue sky background.

I plan on doing one shot static and another shot with a simple pan, here is a perfect example!

http://www.vimeo.com/6495778

With this panning example should I key frame the rotation and position of the text? Or is there a way to key frame a virtual camera in c4d so to speak?

If someone could give me a bit of help it would be greatly appreciated!! I’ve been reading lots of tutorials etc with not much luck.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: how to build/move realistic titles for video composite?
on Jan 23, 2011 at 9:04:06 pm

http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/2010/12/how-to-make-a-3d-composite-with-an...

this shows one way to approach it. Nick is using an iphone app but that's not the only way to get the panorama...

Return to posts index

Nick Army
Re: how to build/move realistic titles for video composite?
on Jan 24, 2011 at 7:12:40 pm

GSG also has a "House" text tutorial that's more simplistic than making your HDR. I would wholeheartedly recommend checking out some better examples of compositing (Fringe titles, etc.) before starting your project. May as well be inspired by the best if you're going to use someone's work as an example (no criticism intended here whatsoever, I love the comosited text effect, but it's been done so much better elsewhere, follow those examples!).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]