MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Seat cushion

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Barber
Seat cushion
on Jun 14, 2010 at 2:33:31 pm

Hi there,

I'm modelling an armchair and can't get the cushion/seat padding to work. The look i want is rather like caterpillar segments. I tried using the soft selection tool to raise the sections to look like the cushioning but when i do this it bring the edges away from where i want them to be fixed/flush with the seat.

Is there a simple way to do this correctly? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Will.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Seat cushion
on Jun 14, 2010 at 9:43:23 pm

Can you post a pic of the look you're going for? Caterpillar segments isn't doing it for me. ;-)

Return to posts index

Will Barber
on Jun 15, 2010 at 8:44:36 am

Yes here it is...

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 5, 2010 at 6:17:28 pm

HyperNurbs with a relatively simple control cage is a much easier way to do it. A quickie example, this is not right but it should give you the general idea.

889_chaircushion.zip

Return to posts index

Will Barber
on Jul 6, 2010 at 8:25:25 am

That helps immensely, thanks for the response. Think i was making it too complicated for myself.

Cheers
Will.

Return to posts index

Will Barber
on Jul 5, 2010 at 1:02:15 pm

Hi there,

I'm modelling an armchair and can't get the cushion/seat padding to work. The look i want is rather like caterpillar segments. I tried using the soft selection tool to raise the sections to look like the cushioning but when i do this it bring the edges away from where i want them to be fixed/flush with the seat.

Is there a simple way to do this correctly? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Here's the link below:

Thanks,
Will.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]