MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

MoGraph Color Effector

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Slattery
MoGraph Color Effector
on Apr 8, 2010 at 12:52:35 pm

Hi!

I have a grid array that I want to change the color of it's objects. Much like how a target effector *physically* effects object as it passes by them, I want something to pass over and effect the *color* of the objects.

Thanks!
~TPS

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: MoGraph Color Effector
on Apr 8, 2010 at 3:05:59 pm

You can do this with a plain effector or a color effector. I'll use the plain effector because it's faster and simpler.

* select your cloner and create a plain effector;
* go to the effector's parameter tab and deselect Position and set color mode to "On";
* create a new material and place a colorizer shader in the color channel;
* load a Mograph color shader into the colorizer's "Texture" slot;
* place the material on the cloner;
* set your plain effector's falloff to something other than infinite.

Now, when you drag your plain effector across the clone grid it will assign colors to the clones based upon the colorizer gradient. Adjust the colorizer gradient to taste.

Return to posts index

Tom Slattery
on Apr 8, 2010 at 3:48:27 pm

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

~TPS

Return to posts index

Travis Turner
on May 5, 2010 at 8:28:02 pm

Just happened across this post in a search for a similar solution and found this very helpful - thanks Adam for taking the time to type all that up!

Return to posts index

ole sturm
on Aug 24, 2010 at 1:25:55 am

I think this might be what I'm looking for but am not quite understanding it. Basically what I'm trying to achieve is to have a texture that texturises a cloner object without applying that texture individually to each clone eg. a flag that consists of 100 clones as opposed to the flag texture applied to each clone resulting in 100 flags.

Return to posts index

Brien Hopkins
on May 11, 2015 at 7:28:06 pm

Hi Adam,

I realize I'm responding to 5 year old thread, but I'm curious. Could you explain what is happening between Effector's color mode, the Colorizer, and the Color Shader? What's the relationship that drives it?

Thanks,
Brien

Return to posts index

Mohsen Amini
on Dec 6, 2018 at 12:50:09 pm

hey man. thanks for this solution. here is another thing. this can only manipulate color channel. how we also change glow options with falloff? Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]