MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Add Alpha to Banji Shader

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Woods
Add Alpha to Banji Shader
on Mar 4, 2010 at 8:44:09 pm

I have a texture exactly the way I want it by altering some Banji Shader attributes. But now I want to pass the camera through the object. As I pass it through there is a huge jump because the refraction and reflection from the glass disappears. Here are the solutions that I've unsuccessfully tried.

Animating Transparency as it gets close to Camera: Doesn't work because all specular and reflection attributes remain. Even when I animate all of these aspects down to 0 it is still visible

Camera Settings: Enable Near Clipping: There is no clipping buffer so the same jump occurs, just occurs sooner.

Creating a new material that has no attributes other than Alpha. Then animate alpha as camera gets close. Then add this New Alpha Only material to the object: Does not work from a few different attempts:
1. with material just dropped next to it it doesn't work because it reads the first texture (banji and doesn't see the second)
2. with it dropped next to it and every combination of the 'mix textures' switches on and off it doesn't work. Most of the time it just sees the object as a flat gray object with neither the banji nor alpha qualities

My other try would be to somehow add the alpha attribute to the banji shader or add the banji shader to the alpha attribute. However I cannot seem to figure out how to do that if it is possible.

The only other thing I can think of is to Render each seperately and fade them away in AE. However I am cautious since my attempt to render each as it's own object buffer did not work in AE (still got that jump when it passed through the glass) Any suggestions?

Oh and another thing... I'm working with R9.6 so... yeah. I know.. I know... I'm sorry.

Eric Woods
http://EricWoodsFX.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]