MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Movement locked to one axis

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukasz Lindell
Movement locked to one axis
on Mar 3, 2010 at 2:29:14 pm

Hi, I'm having a problem that's driving me crazy. Suddenly when I work in projects, movement is getting locked to only one axis. It isnt a problem with the X, Y and Z buttons, they are all marked correctly. It's really hard to describe the problem, but I will try.

If I take a box, and drag it in, lets say, X direction a little bit, when I click with the Move Tool in an empty area after that, that or any other object will only move in the X axis. If I then move the box in the Y axis, clicking with the move tool in an empty space only lets me move objects in the Y axis.

It's like it's locking into to latest axis for some reason. The problem persists only in the project, I can create a new one, past all objects there and then I again can move objects freely.

Anyone has any clue what this could be?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Movement locked to one axis
on Mar 4, 2010 at 4:19:44 am

double clicking (or right-click/left-click) on an axis handle will lock that handle (it stays yellow - default colors anyway). Double click the handle to release

Return to posts index

Lukasz Lindell
on Mar 4, 2010 at 9:29:39 pm

Thanks Brian, you can't imagine how many times I accidently double-clicked and this happend to me! Now I know!

Return to posts index

Yann Figueres
on Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54:14 am

And 3 years later, you saved my life too !! Thank you soooo much !

Return to posts index

Eric Chard
on Sep 25, 2018 at 5:33:11 pm

My heart leapt when I saw this answer... but do you mean the axis BUTTONS at the default top, or the axis itself?

I see that I can reset the buttons (thank god, thought I was losing it) but the comment seemed to be about the HUD axis gizmo, which in R17 doesn't appear (tmk) with the Magnet tool.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Sep 26, 2018 at 12:55:27 am

it's the axis handles talked about in originally there but that functionality has gone away somewhere along the line (certainly it's gone in R20), I never used it that way myself, I always preferred the axis buttons up top. And no with the magnet tool since it doesn't use the axis (but the buttons do work with the magnet).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]