MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Wacom weirdness

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Kim
Wacom weirdness
on Nov 21, 2009 at 5:52:11 pm

Anyone else get this weird problem? When using a Wacom tablet mouse, I can't click anything and have it stay selected, despite the fact that I have the "graphics tablet" checkbox selected (unselecting it doesn't fix anything.)

This only happens on the Windows version of C4D, not the Mac version, and it works fine with a regular mouse, just not the wireless one that came with my Wacom. It's a minor annoyance, but it would be nice if it didn't do that.

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
Re: Wacom weirdness
on Nov 21, 2009 at 6:36:59 pm

I'm using Intuous3 without problem in Vista64

Alan

FlashXDR,XDcamHD,XDcamEX,D9 etc
FCS,AE,Combustion,LiquidSilver,Vegas,Edius,
G5,MBP,Vista64,XP

Return to posts index

Brian Kim
on Nov 22, 2009 at 10:44:27 pm

Must be one of those things that separates the Intuous from the cheaper Bamboo that I have.

Return to posts index

Mark Walczak
on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:55:58 pm

Possibly. I know with the Intuos 3, there is a "mouse" checkbox in the mapping attributes (or something to that effect). Is there something similar with the Bamboo? I don't think it comes with any crazy software like the Intuos...

What makes you explode?
http://www.explosivegraffix.com

Return to posts index

Brian Kim
on Nov 25, 2009 at 12:13:00 am

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I'll look at the options in the Bamboo software. It has its own crazy software.

It's just kind of odd, because the Bamboo acts perfectly normal with every other app besides C4D, and it doesn't do this on the Mac version either.

Return to posts index

Jason Huxley
on Dec 5, 2009 at 10:58:40 pm

I have noticed this as well in OSX 10.6.2 with the Intuos 3 tablet and the latest update of Cinema 4D 11.5. Can't click on trees and have them expand. I did find this post (http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=10167) on the wacom forum so hopefully there will be an update from either Wacom or Maxon soon.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Apr 10, 2010 at 4:23:09 pm

I have a similar issue, but I'm in Snow Leopard. As far as I remember my intuos3 used to work fine and all of the sudden I can't expand trees anymore, other seemingly random functions are also affected. But I can, for example, navigate in the 3D space and move my objects. I have C4D R11. Any solutions yet?

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Apr 10, 2010 at 4:36:37 pm

I have an intuos3 (PTZ) working with Snow Leopard, the following link to the latest driver update released on march 15, 2010 solved the issue for me.

Here's the actual description from Wacom regarding what this driver fixes:

Driver 6.1.5-2 for Mac OS X v. 10.6, 10.5 & 10.4 (Intel & PPC G4+)

Release Date: Mar. 15, 2010
Size: 17.3MB

Driver supporting Intuos4 WL, USB versions of all Intuos4 (PTK), Intuos3 (PTZ), Intuos2 (XD), Intuos (GD) and Graphire2 (ET-0405A) pen tablets and the Cintiq 21UX (2nd Gen.), 12WX, 20WSX, 21UX, 18SX, and 15X pen displays.

Save the file to your computer and then double-click on “Install Wacom Tablet” to launch the installer.

NOTE:
This driver fixes some issues with the Intuos4 WL.
This driver includes a bug fix for Maxon Cinema 4D.
For concurrent use with a consumer tablet from Wacom, install this driver as well as driver version 5.05 or later. These two drivers can be added or removed independently of each other.

I already tested it and it works.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Apr 10, 2010 at 4:39:40 pm

Sorry for the extra posts, either the website or the internet connection are behaving weirdly today.

Best,

D.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Apr 10, 2010 at 4:37:55 pm

I have an intuos3 (PTZ) working with Snow Leopard, the following link to the latest driver update released on march 15, 2010 solved the issue for me.

Here's the actual description from Wacom regarding what this driver fixes:

Driver 6.1.5-2 for Mac OS X v. 10.6, 10.5 & 10.4 (Intel & PPC G4+)

Release Date: Mar. 15, 2010
Size: 17.3MB

Driver supporting Intuos4 WL, USB versions of all Intuos4 (PTK), Intuos3 (PTZ), Intuos2 (XD), Intuos (GD) and Graphire2 (ET-0405A) pen tablets and the Cintiq 21UX (2nd Gen.), 12WX, 20WSX, 21UX, 18SX, and 15X pen displays.

Save the file to your computer and then double-click on “Install Wacom Tablet” to launch the installer.

NOTE:
This driver fixes some issues with the Intuos4 WL.
This driver includes a bug fix for Maxon Cinema 4D.
For concurrent use with a consumer tablet from Wacom, install this driver as well as driver version 5.05 or later. These two drivers can be added or removed independently of each other.

I already tested it and it works.

Return to posts index

lian jie
on Jun 10, 2020 at 4:17:24 am

usually it was the problem of driver support . I don't have a wacom but a xp-pen deco 03 drawing pad , I can use Cinema 4D for modeling, animation, motion graphic and rendering application without a problem .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]