MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

camera path headache

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Quinn
camera path headache
on Sep 11, 2009 at 10:55:45 am

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me with a camera path problem.

I have a really basic animation of a camera moving down the front of a building.

The camera path is bezier with uniform points.

The camera is also targeted at a moving null object.

The problem I have is when I render it out it seems to stutter. I have tried exporting as a quicktime 25fps with an animation codec. I have also exported the animation as a tif sequence and rendered it out of after effects but I cannot seem to get rid of the stuttering.

Here is the project file and quicktime. If anyone could have a look that would be great.

Cheers,

Rich

Return to posts index

Dave Glanz
Re: camera path headache
on Sep 11, 2009 at 12:28:32 pm

I used the CS tool EasyCam -http://circlesofdelusion.blogspot.com/

My version (didn't try rendering, but it plays smooth in the app)-
http://www.daveglanzproductions.com/camera_path-rev.zip

http://www.daveglanzproductions.com

Return to posts index

Richard Quinn
on Sep 11, 2009 at 2:51:41 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for having a go with CS Tools easycam to try and rectify the camera problem. However I tried rendering your file and it still seems to stutter as it pans down the building?

Here is the file to have a look.

I rendered it out as a quicktime, 25fps and an animation codec.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Rich

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Sep 14, 2009 at 8:53:48 pm

I don't see any stuttering. It could be that your video subsystem just can't play back the uncompressed file smoothly. Try saving it out with h.264 or some other compression and see if that makes a difference.

Return to posts index

Richard Quinn
on Sep 11, 2009 at 2:56:46 pm

Hi Dave,

I also took the brick texture off in the render thinking that this maybe be causing the illusion of stuttering due to the lines. However even without a texture is still seems to be jerky?

Its really puzzling?

Cheers,

Rich

Return to posts index

dave glanz
on Sep 11, 2009 at 2:59:15 pm

I guess I'd try changing the frame rate and QT settings to see if that makes a difference. I can think of no other reason why your renders would stutter.

http://www.daveglanzproductions.com

Return to posts index

Tim Shetz
on Sep 14, 2009 at 8:59:26 pm

I rendered it off as QT with PhotoJpeg compression at 85%

I still saw the "stuttering" but it seemed like it was an optical illusion. If you watch the windows, they seem to move smoothly. Hmmmm.

Return to posts index

Richard Quinn
on Sep 14, 2009 at 9:36:48 pm

Thanks guys,

Yes, I am coming to the same conclusion that it may be an optical illusion having exhausted most avenues to go down??

This is a real basic rig of a detailed model I have made. I decided to strip all lights off it and make a box model to see if I could get to the bottom of the problem but I am still puzzled.

I am trying CS Easy Cam setup now exporting as a targa sequence to see if there is any difference.

The final output needs to be 25fps. Would outputting the render at 50fps out of Cinema 4D have any benefit?

Cheers,

Rich

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Sep 15, 2009 at 3:01:28 pm

I think it would help quite a bit if you added some motion blur, either in Cinema (Scene motion blur) or in post (RSMB).

Return to posts index

Richard Quinn
on Sep 15, 2009 at 4:54:03 pm

Hi Adam,

Yes I think I will add a bit of motion blur to the scene. Its definately not a computer speed issue as I am running a quad core G5 with 4GB of ram.

I think it is a combination of being a model having sharp straight edges and the speed of the camera pan movement that is creating the juttering feel to the animation. Motion blur might soften it up a bit.

Cheers for your input.

Rich

Return to posts index

martien janssen
on Sep 15, 2009 at 2:33:59 pm

Hi Richard,

Your .mov file runs perfectly on my computer, but I'm having similar stuttering issues with my animations... Still looking for a solution myself, although I have found out converting the file to .avi or .mp4 solves it (but it's not 'the solution' ofcourse).

Goodluck
Martien

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Sep 15, 2009 at 3:54:35 pm

The solution is to get a faster computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]