MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Junky looking horizon line...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Junky looking horizon line...
on Sep 8, 2009 at 9:28:08 pm

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Cinema 4D, I can do things, but struggle greatly at figuring out the small tweaks. I'm trying to create a camera movement around this box, but the horizon line in the background (which is in between a custom sky and a floor) has these little white dots in it when rendered. Everything else in the animation is EXACTLY how I want it, but I showed it to my boss and he pretty much said "it isn't good enough as long as those little dots are there" !!! I'm screwed!!!

I'm hoping there is some way to fix this with a few checkbox changes, or a quick workaround or something. I've been struggling with getting the camera rotations to look good, and now they are finally how I want them, but the stupid little white dots are there...! Can someone please help me out, I'm not experienced enough to figure it out at this juncture in time, but I could potentially spend days screwing up my animation before I finally figure it out.

Here is what the little dots look like:
http://www.edit-creations.com:16080/client_approvals/ec/c4d/

I thank anyone who can give assistance a heap of gratitude in advance,
Scott

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Junky looking horizon line...
on Sep 8, 2009 at 11:27:31 pm

are the dots there when you do a full render (Render to Picture Viewer) as opposed to a preview render?

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Sep 9, 2009 at 2:26:32 pm

Hmmm, haven't tried that yet, I've only tried Render Active view and Make Preview (in which I made a 1920x1080 preview quicktime), I'll give it a shot tonight doing the full Render to Picture Viewer and let you know what I see.

Thanks!
Scott

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Sep 10, 2009 at 10:25:07 pm

Yeah, those white dots are still definitely there on the full render. They aren't there the whole time, but only when the camera is looking at it from a certain angle. Sadly, this is the angle that is on display the longest...

It might be possible to eliminate the dots from this particular video by moving the camera angle, but then I would have to redo my animation and it probably wouldn't look how I want it to look anyway. I like the angle I have it, I just don't like the dots.

I'm just hoping maybe there is a setting I didn't activate or something if anyone else has had this problem...

Thanks,
Scott

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Sep 10, 2009 at 11:29:38 pm

if it's not the difference between renders I'd have to see the scene (or know how the background/sky is set up)

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Sep 11, 2009 at 3:23:42 pm

Thanks for looking into this!

Here is a quick render I did this morning (it's not 1080 like it's supposed to be in the end, and the texture on the box is different) but it illustrates the problem with the white dots on the horizon. If you need to know how I made the sky, which settings about the sky would you need to know? I'd be happy to supply you with any information you needed.

http://www.edit-creations.com/client_approvals/ec/c4d/movie_html/01.html

Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate it!
Scott

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
on Jun 22, 2014 at 10:35:58 am

Did you ever fix - ha - this was 5 years ago already - but i got this problem now, but just in Net render, and not render to picture. cheers!
jigs

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]