MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

"Bake" Particles and Hair?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Jilg
"Bake" Particles and Hair?
on Jul 19, 2009 at 3:53:41 pm

Hi,

together with two friends, I'm creating an animation in C4D R11 that shows little mouse-like creatures moving about. Their bodies are little more than cylinders covered in hair. Also, we have some particle smoke in one of our scenes.

We've rendered our creations using Net Render, and while being a great piece of software, some problems are continually occurring. The biggest one right now is that hair and particles kinda "flicker" in net rendered animations; individual particles and hairs are in different places in frames rendered by different computers.

Is it possible in C4D to "bake" the animation of the particles, so that the individual net render nodes will all render the hairs and particles in the same location?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: "Bake" Particles and Hair?
on Jul 20, 2009 at 8:08:16 pm

You can effectively bake hair by using the dynamics cache in the hair object's cache tag.

There's no purpose-built caching mechanism for thinking particles, but there's a back-door way to do it if you have MoGraph (credit to Tim Clapham). What you would do is use a cloner (or cloners) in place of the TP particle geometry object and PShape nodes. Set your cloner to object mode and drag your particle group into the cloner's "object" box. Then give your cloner a MoGraph Cache tag and cache it. Once you do that you can delete the thinking particles setup completely and the particles will render consistently accross NET.

Return to posts index

Mark Jobe
Re: "Bake" Particles and Hair?
on Apr 30, 2010 at 12:36:16 pm

Hi Adam,

Would the method you described work if the thinking particles had been setup using originally the matrix object referencing an object. So that ultimately i can cache and render out pyrocluster particles?

Please could you have a look at the example scene from the link in case i'm not explaining myself enough.

Thanks

Mark

http://www.quaystudios.com/Example.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]