MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

image on curled paper

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Barber
image on curled paper
on Jan 4, 2009 at 11:55:26 pm

Hi there,

I have piece of paper with a curl to it and want to have the image on it curve with the angle of the paper (obviously so it looks realistic) but when i apply an image to it on a material and use the texture tool, i can't get it to curve with the paper no matter what i try it just projects a flat image of it on the paper which looks distorted. Is there a way of doing this properly?

Cheers,
Will.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: image on curled paper
on Jan 5, 2009 at 2:39:09 am

It depends a little bit on how the paper is constructed. Did you modify the points/polys by hand, or are you using deformers? If it's the latter you probably just need to apply a "stick texture" tag to your object. If it's the former it's a little more complicated....

Return to posts index

Will Barber
on Jan 5, 2009 at 9:36:53 am

Yes it was constructed using polys/points, in fact i used loft nurbs, is there still a way to do it? Mine is just the basic version of C4d, so no plugins, can i still use a deformer on it/stick texture?

Cheers for the quick response.
Will.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Adam Trachtenberg
on Jan 5, 2009 at 2:49:09 pm

Unfortunately it's going to be quite difficult to get an undistorted texture on your object. You would need to make the loft editable and then go into UV editing mode and use the magnet tool undistort the mesh by hand.

Return to posts index

Will Barber
on Jan 5, 2009 at 2:54:33 pm

Fantastic thanks Adam, I'll try this out.

Cheers
Will.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]