MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Anchor cloth

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Bea
Anchor cloth
on Oct 9, 2008 at 4:22:12 pm

Hey

I am trying to 'anchor' a plane with a cloth tag onto a particular spatial point but I can't work out how to do it, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am trying to achieve the look of a cloth blowing in the wind, but its fixed onto a rail.

Many thanks for the help

Olly

Return to posts index

Brian Murphy
Re: Anchor cloth
on Oct 9, 2008 at 9:46:44 pm

You need to make sure the cloth and rail are both polygon objects. Align your cloth to your rail respectively. Apply your cloth tag to your cloth object, then apply a belt tag to the cloth object (Found in the same menu) . Go to points mode, select the points you wish to anchor to the rail on your cloth object, select the belt tag, drag in the rail object in the "Belt on" field. Click "SET".

Play the timeline and enjoy!

Brian

Return to posts index

randy johnson
on Oct 10, 2008 at 5:56:01 am

If your not moving the object you could just select the edge points and under Dresser "fix points" BUT then the object cannot be moved around,

/randy

Return to posts index

Olly Bea
on Oct 10, 2008 at 7:55:02 am

Super thanks guys

Return to posts index

Gardner Raymond
on Jun 2, 2011 at 5:15:22 pm

I'm trying to use cloth for the first time, and this simply isn't working for me. I've followed the steps listed here, as well as in another tutorial, for creating a basic flag, and it will not attach to my flagpole.
I've selected the points i want to attach, clicked Set, dragged my pole object into the Belt On field, and yet when i click play, my flag simply falls down. Both objects have been made editable. Also, toggling the Draw checkbox doesn't turn on/off the selected belt points like it should.
I'm using version 12.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]