MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Questoin for multipass shadow for After Effects.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Josh J. Johnson
Questoin for multipass shadow for After Effects.
on Jul 16, 2008 at 7:56:17 pm

I tracked a aerial shot with syntheyes worked great. Brought into cinema added some 3d elements and shadows. I have a plane for my floor so you can see the shadows. I applied my background to the plane along with a compositing tag "not seen by camera" and "compositing bg" on.

I can't seem to make it work in AE? I can say just render out the whole image in Cinema with the backdrop and everything looks fine but then I can't isolate things in AE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I searched the forums and I think I did everything that was suggested. Also I can do this in photoshop with no problems. In photoshop I just cut out my elements with their alpha place them on my photo bg and add shadow pass on top with multiply blend.

So basically I can get my stuff in AE and everything tracks perfect looks great but I have no shadows?

thanks

Return to posts index

cow
Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Questoin for multipass shadow for After Effects.
on Jul 16, 2008 at 8:36:33 pm

I don't understand why you aren't able to do it the same way in AE that you're doing it in PS.

Return to posts index

cow
Josh J. Johnson
on Jul 16, 2008 at 10:39:10 pm

Hey Adam thanks for the reply. It seems everything works minus the shadow on the ground?

I tried the exact same setup I did in PS with no luck. I tried the ground plane(shadow catcher) with seen my camera on and off.

Josh Johnson
Manager of Video Production
ETC, Inc.

Return to posts index

cow
Josh J. Johnson
on Jul 16, 2008 at 10:48:12 pm

In ps I would extract my elements put them together then add the shadow pass on them not the same with AE?

thanks again

Josh Johnson
ETC, Inc.

Return to posts index

cow
Josh J. Johnson
on Jul 17, 2008 at 6:18:54 am

Here is a picture Adam to better show my problem. As you can see my shadow catcher is all white? How and why I ask lol. What I'm expecting to have is my shadow catcher be invisible besides the shadows? I tried nearly every option that I can think of.

Josh Johnson
ETC, Inc.

Return to posts index

cow
Kevin Snyder
on Jul 17, 2008 at 4:07:05 pm

Try changing the white layer with the shadows transfer mode in AE to Screen or Multiply.

KMS

love

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]