MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dust storms

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lars Wikstrom
Dust storms
on Jan 8, 2008 at 5:47:14 am

I got to say. I have had a hard time finding any tutorials for creating Dust Storms. I am looking at creating a Dust Storm like in the movie The Mummy that swallows the plane. I am not looking to swallow a plane but I have an effect where I need a huge dust storm rolling across a plain.

Here is a website of some real examples. I know I need to use Advanced Renderer with Pyroclusters try to get this. Any one try this before?

http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/sandstorm.asp#photo5

-Lars

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Dust storms
on Jan 8, 2008 at 6:52:44 pm

You don't necessary have to use Thinking Particles -- you could use the standard emitter or generate particles with the mograph matrix object. After you get your particles set up it's just a matter of adjusting the Pyrocluster material and volume tracer to get the desired effect. Maybe if you had more specific questions....?

Return to posts index

Lars Wikstrom
on Jan 11, 2008 at 7:20:34 am

Sorry Adam, I know I am a little vague on my description, that is why I added the link to the dust storms so show what I was looking for. I was not thinking of using thinking-particles. I thought I could just pull it off with the Advanced render and Pyroclusters. I don;t know how the Mograph module would help to create a dust storm in the desert?

Maybe I am approaching this the wrong way.

Thanks,

-Lars

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jan 11, 2008 at 6:23:03 pm

You need to attach your pyrocluster material to either a standard particle or Thinking Particle system.

Return to posts index

Lars Wikstrom
on Jan 27, 2008 at 4:40:40 am

Great thanks,

-Lars

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]