MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Using a video as a background for reference

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
elad menashe
Using a video as a background for reference
on Jul 28, 2007 at 7:15:17 pm

Hello,
I want to use a video background as a reference for adding some elements in 3D world.
It's been an hour since I tried doing this and still no luck.

Anyone has solutions?
greatly appreciated :)
Elad

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Using a video as a background for reference
on Jul 28, 2007 at 11:03:06 pm

For background of the Left, Right, Top windows choose Edit(Edit of the view window not the main program edit menu)/Configure then click the Back tab and add your movie there. It will animate automatically.

Otherwise use a background object or a plane and put your movie in a material (color or luminance channel) and put the material on the BG Object/Plane. To get it to animate as you scrub the timeline you have to go into the Illumination tab of the material and check off Animate Preview.

Return to posts index

elad menashe
on Aug 2, 2007 at 3:59:53 am

thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Wood
on Apr 11, 2012 at 1:06:57 am

Hi Brian, I tried that, and it's not working.

Perhaps it's because I have only imported frame 1 of my JPEG image sequence, but I can't work out how to import more frames.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Apr 11, 2012 at 1:42:23 am

I don't think you can use an image sequence in the Viewport/Back tab it's not like a material where you can click on the image and get more settings (the Bitmap Shader/Animation tab) and enter (or Calculate) the number of frames. I think you'd either have to use a movie or use a Background object where you could use the image sequence in a material (but it would only be visible in some form of a render that way though).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]