3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Weird Error after Reinstall

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachael Busher
Weird Error after Reinstall
on Dec 10, 2017 at 7:45:21 am

Hello, I have been using 3dsMax for a couple years now as a student, starting with version 2017 and now the 2018, with no problems at all. However this past week my Windows 10 Pro hard drive crashed and I had to reinstall everything from scratch, but no hardware changes except for a new hard drive.

The problem I'm having is that whenever I launch 3dsMax 2018 now I receive an error message about 'ArnoldLight.dlo failing to initialize' and it spams a bunch of error messages about that. Oddly enough, if I click through the error messages, I am still able to use the program for the basic stuff in my projects, however those error messages ALWAYS show up when I open the program fresh and I know it is only a matter of time before the errors catch up to something I need to do.

My PC specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
AMD 6core processor
24gb ram
Geforce GTX 550Ti (with driver 388.59 updated today)

Screencap of the error message is attached, please help! Thanks!
(side note I do not use MAYA much at all, but I have the 2018 of that installed as well and it gives the same errors about the 'Arnold' thing not working)

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Weird Error after Reinstall
on Jan 2, 2018 at 8:36:46 pm

Rachel -

Here is what appears to be a solution to your problem:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/error-on-startup-afte...

Scroll down on the page.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Rachael Busher
Re: Weird Error after Reinstall
on Jan 2, 2018 at 9:06:45 pm

Ah thank you, I appreciate the link - because I was finishing final projects for school I ended up getting in contact with Autodesk back in December and they were able to help fix the issue... which ended up being to simply leave the 'Arnold Render' things uninstalled... because it is not required for the stuff I need so everything works great without it and no more errors.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]