3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Delete Ket not working

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley SmithDelete Ket not working
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 4:52:36 am

I am brand new to 3ds max. Brand spanking new. I'm taking tutorials and trying to learn the interface. My delete key is not working.

I have googled the answer which all leads me to my noun/verb settings. Great!

Where th hell are the non/vern settings. How do I change this pickfirst variableeveryone speaks of?

I'm told to right click in the "Drawing Space" to and go to properties. What the hell is the drawing space? Is it the Viewport? It can't be because when I right click that I see know option for preferences.

I feel like this is the most ridiculous thing to be stuck on but I have been trying to figure it out for four hours by now and this is such a silly hiccup to have.

Any assistance would be useful.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Delete Ket not working
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 1:27:48 pm

Here's what I was able to find concerning the noun/verb interface - it is merely the way Max works - you select an object (noun), then you perform a command on it (verb). There is no noun/verb interface as such - it is merely a metaphor for the way Max works:

"3ds Max is an object-oriented program. This means that each object in the 3D scene carries instructions that tell 3ds Max what you can do with it. These instructions vary with the type of object. Because each object can respond to a different set of commands, you apply commands by first selecting the object and then selecting the command. This is known as a noun-verb interface, because you first select the object (the noun) and then select the command (the verb)."

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved