3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Access to a file deny

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diego SolerAccess to a file deny
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 5:14:01 pm

I was working in a drawing when I got a message asking me to save a recovery copy which I did, but now I can't open the original file. Everytime I try get this message: AutoCad Error Aborting - Fatal error: Unhandle access violation reading 0x3b639abe exception at 33ed3712h.
What is this and how can I fix it so I can go back to use my original drawing which is linked to some others?

Return to posts index

per kristensenRe: Access to a file deny
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 4:36:04 pm

Sounds like something that happened to one of my guys. ACad noticed the drawing file became corrupted (bad sectors in my case) and prompted to save a recovery. In my case, i was able to recover the original drawing by going to "file" - "recovery", only after i moved the location of the file.
Sometimes my autocad makes a copy of the original file with the word "recover" added to the name if it made one try opening it if wookiewookie's suggestion doesn’t work on the original. Sometimes mine doesn’t make that copy for whatever reason or it’s an empty file, if all else fails try inserting the corrupted dwg into a new dwg as a block. In the extreme case you can try some utility like DWG Recovery Toolbox. If you have a backup you can restore from it. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/dwg_recovery.html

Return to posts index

rian oryanRe: Access to a file deny
by on Aug 7, 2016 at 8:23:33 pm

Step 1. Go to the folder C:\Users\[User Name]\appdata\local\temp\ and find the file with *.ac$ as extension.
Step 2. Change the extension *.ac$ to *.dwg, it pop out a warming: "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it?", click Yes button.
Step 3. You can use spec tool

Return to posts index

per kristensenRe: Access to a file deny
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 4:37:07 pm

See if the following article would help:
Good luck

Return to posts index

Diego SolerRe: Access to a file deny
by on Dec 14, 2015 at 2:29:55 pm

I am very grateful for your advice. Thank you very much! The issue has been resolved.)

Return to posts index

Charley FinleyRe: Access to a file deny
by on Sep 4, 2016 at 7:18:22 pm

Update your graphics driver.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved