3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Problem with lathe

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caitlin StevensonProblem with lathe
by on Jun 29, 2014 at 7:38:59 pm

So in trying to build my 3D modeling skills, I've been following a few tutorials to build random objects, and right now I'm trying to build a bed. In order to make the little knobs on the top of the bed, the tutorial had me create a spline circle and a spline rectangle with slightly curved edges, then attach and boolean them together into one perfect spline, and then lathe that spline.

The boolean and such worked fine, but as soon as I lathe it, it's as though it isn't symmetrical, as you can see in the picture below.

I've tried flipping normals, I've tried changing the alignment, I've tried everything. The rotation on the lathe is 180 and there are 32 segments. The only way I can make it not look gross in the perspective window is to make the rotation 360, but I know that isn't okay if I'm to have a stable, complete shape.

So what's the deal? I've made it again and again, changing the number of segments in the circle, but it still comes out that way. And the tutorial doesn't address any such problem. Speaking of that, the tutorial is http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial/Modeling-a-Bedroom-Suite-Tutorial-For-... if you wan tot have a look a the steps.

Thanks in advance for any help offered, this is really starting to make me pull my hair out, lol.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved