3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Image Reference - Viewing modelling in viewports

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Malcom ReynoldsImage Reference - Viewing modelling in viewports
by on Oct 21, 2013 at 2:04:59 pm

Folks, beginner here.

On this youtube link the guys at 3dbuzz are creating a model from images set on three separate planes (I assume) in 3ds Max.

However there is no prior image setup video therefore I don't know what has been done to allow the polygon to be viewed "through" the reference images.

At 03:40 when we are looking at all 4 viewports the polygon he is creating is in "front" of all of the reference images.

In my set-up (for the same model btw) The reference images for the front and back "block" the view. I cannot see the polygon I created in either of the side views.

I would be grateful if anyone could help spot what was done to allow this to be done.

Return to posts index

Tyson JunkersRe: Image Reference - Viewing modelling in viewports
by on Nov 1, 2013 at 12:32:48 am

Right-click the plane (on which you have your reference image) > Object Properties and Check the Backface Cull option. While you're there UnCheck the Show Frozen in Grey option. Then you can freeze the object so you don't accidentally select it, and it will be invisible when looking at the back side of it, but will still have your image visible from the front.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved