3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

CAT rig rotation problem

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Creath CarterCAT rig rotation problem
by on Jun 10, 2013 at 7:07:05 pm

I have a bit of a problem with a character I'm animating in Max2013 via CAT. It was late, and somehow my viewports got switched around and I ended up creating an entire suite of animations for a character, facing in the wrong direction (180 degrees). Since I'm exporting this character into a real-time engine, it's causing me no end of headaches.
I was wondering if anyone here could tell me how to rotate the entirety of a CAT rig 180 degrees without mucking up the animation. Since he's animated on an Absolute animation Layer, importing the rig facing the proper direction and then loading the animation file just causes him to return to facing the opposite way.
And if you're familiar with CAT you'll know I can't simple grab his rig parent or root bone, because I'm using several IK solutions on it which get extremely wonky if other parts of the rig are manipulated.
I tried grouping the entire set of entities and rotating the group, which kinda-sorta worked, but caused issues when it was brought into the real-time engine.

So there it is. Can some kindly soul help me reverse the bitter fruits of my stupidity?

Many thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved