3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

FumeFX Settings_Shot Test

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew RobsFumeFX Settings_Shot Test
by on Jun 4, 2013 at 4:48:49 pm

Hello everyone,
Today, I'm working on a shot that I've been working on for over 6 months now, and my problems have not been resolved, but I seem to be getting closer and closer. For now, I have an issue with FumeFX. I am trying to make an explosion come up an billow like a mushroom cloud but it needs to not look like a bomb going off, and it needs to blow in the wind just a bit (I used a force, but to no avail). It also seems to be flickering which may be due to my render settings but have not found a solution thus far.

Here is the clip:

this is what I want:

All I am going for is the plume, not the shockwave.

Obviously the two are completely different; I am not a CGI person, I am merely a compositor but have been given this project(nothing has been rotoscoped yet we're just focusing on the FumeFX.). So hopefully, if anyone can point me in the right direction as how to achieve such a look(setup and settings would be a plus), it would be greatly appreciated and much credit would be given where it is due.

Thank You,

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: FumeFX Settings_Shot Test
by on Jun 6, 2013 at 2:18:44 am

Sorry you haven't received a response yet - you may be better off on the FumeFX support site:

You might also find some useful information here:

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved