3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Camera Mapping and Daylight System

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joey SperberCamera Mapping and Daylight System
by on Mar 21, 2013 at 11:23:03 pm

Hi, I am doing a shot that involves camera mapping. I mapped a box and when I went to add a daylight system I rendered it and my textures in my scene were blown out and my camera mapped object was tinted blue. Is there a solution to this?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Camera Mapping and Daylight System
by on Mar 22, 2013 at 2:38:20 pm

It involves learning what a Daylight System does. Daylight has a blue cast (think of that big blue sky up there). Depending what time of day you have in the system, your color temperature will range from the warmer end of the spectrum up to the blue end:

Now think what a camera does as far as exposure goes - if the iris is wide open, you're going to get blown out colors. You need to look at the exposure settings, which, if I'm not mistaken, are on Auto when you turn on the Daylight System. Tweak the exposure settings to what you'd like to see. The Daylight system in Max is not something you just turn on and get good results - you have to know what it's doing and why it's doing it, which involves a knowledge of the physics of light, and the technology behind cameras, to a point.

Here's a good place to start:

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved