3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3d Cornflake model

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali Quintana3d Cornflake model
by on Jan 10, 2013 at 12:37:00 am

I have been looking for a 3d cornflake for such a long time, I am almost giving up.

Any one knows where I can get one? I tried so many sites. I am not a moddeler so I cant make it myself.

I do not need the box nor bowl, just one simple 3d cornflake. could even be obj.

Ali Quintana

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: 3d Cornflake model
by on Jan 10, 2013 at 3:49:49 am

You're right - I don't see anything out there except corn flake boxes. But don't sell yourself short - you could probably pick up the ability to model a corn flake with about an hour's worth of tutorials on polygonal modeling.

Put a cornflake on your table as a reference, get the profile right, make a couple of noise modifiers to make the roughness and bowl shape (of the flake), then add a Cellular bump map, and you're good to go.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Matt FawRe: 3d Cornflake model
by on Jan 10, 2013 at 11:03:48 pm

I agree with Joe. If you play with a cellular or noise filter in the displacement channel of your material, it might be easy to turn a circle (with slight extrusion) into a custom cornflake. Sometimes the displacement modifier, applied to the object, works better than adding the map directly to the material. You may want the material to be somewhat translucent, as some light should pass through a cornflake.

You should even be able to build one flake, and then instance it, via PFlow, to create a pouring stream of flakes.

Matt Faw
Consciousness 3D

Return to posts index

Ali QuintanaRe: 3d Cornflake model
by on Jan 11, 2013 at 1:11:32 am

Great advice guys... Didnt know it is that simple.

Going to try this...

Thx,

Ali Quintana

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: 3d Cornflake model
by on Jan 11, 2013 at 2:57:24 am

It really is that simple. And you'll take your first step into the world of poly modeling. The real trick to it is using good reference material. I did a Google search on "corn flake", and set it to "images", and was suddenly looking at hundreds of reference images of corn flakes, by the bowl, by the box, by themselves...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]