3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Texturing book

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Tom CraneTexturing book
by on Nov 3, 2012 at 11:49:24 pm

Hi, I'm trying to texture covers for book models; I just select all the books, use multiSubObjects, add a different ID number to each book cover and apply a different bitmap to each. But as you can see in the picture, the top and bottom parts are fine, but the middle part is not. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there a simple and fast way in doing it, because I have about 50 books to texture with a different cover each.
Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Texturing book
by on Nov 4, 2012 at 3:01:15 pm

I would think that the best way to achieve the correct texture map would be to make a separate texture for the book spine (the "middle" as you call it). You might also do a test with a checker texture to see if you can correct the mapping problem still using the one texture map. If the checkers are staying consistent over the spine, there's something else going on - are you using the same book model for all of your cover graphics? It also looks to me as if the cover designs for the different books are made for books of different thicknesses - if this is the case, you're never going to get the spines to line up correctly without doing a different UVW map setup for every book.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Tom CraneRe: Texturing book
by on Nov 5, 2012 at 12:20:54 am

Thank you Joseph, I also found an online tutorial here:

It might be of use for someone else.
Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved