3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

3d character modeling and animations

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adeeb oberoi
3d character modeling and animations
on Feb 29, 2012 at 5:04:40 pm

I need to model and animate a 3d cartoon character. The character is pretty simple but it needs to be really good because its for a local TV commercial.

I work a lot with freelancers to help me on these kind of productions.

I was wandering which program to use. I am a 3d studio max guy but I know that c4d and maya are more used for characters.

reason for asking, sometimes I need to involve extra freelancers and I need to use a program that is used by many animators, in other words, it will be easier to find animators. With 3d Max I have found that there are not a lot of freelance character animators out there.

So keeping this in mind and that the budget is not super, which program would be best to start using.

Return to posts index

Karoll William Pérez Zambrano
Re: 3d character modeling and animations
on Nov 5, 2012 at 6:28:24 pm

"With 3d Max I have found that there are not a lot of freelance character animators out there..."

Well, i´m happy to be one of the few 3D Max character animators. I think it´s a matter of what software you know better. The CAT Tools in Max are great to get very good character animation results.

Autodesk XSI is a good option too. Big companies around the world are using this software because its character oriented tools.

Anyway... I like MAX... Here is the link to one of my videos using MAX and CAT for characters:

Return to posts index

Ali Quintana
on Nov 7, 2012 at 4:38:17 pm

Hi Karrol,

Thank you for your video, it is very interesting and very style-full and original.

Please send me your email address.

Do you also do character rigging and modeling?

Regards,

Ali

Return to posts index

Karoll William Pérez Zambrano
on Nov 7, 2012 at 6:59:08 pm

Thanks Ali!

Yes, i do modelling, texturing, rigging and animation.

My email address is karucho@gmail.com

Regards,

Karoll

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]