3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Strange problem with Reactor (Project included)

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roman Yavorsky
Strange problem with Reactor (Project included)
on Jan 8, 2012 at 9:49:27 am

Suddenly Reactor has stopped creating an animation after preview and pushing Create Animation button. It makes keyframes, but they are empty, objects of my scene don't move. But more recently it worked. I know that is something silly, but I can't find it. :(

In this project we have a tank T-90A, throwing up by the Wind and falling down on the Soft Body ground, badly simulating a real soft ground :D
This trampoline is on a solid surface (Rigid Body). Torn tank tracks dangle in the air.

So, here we have three versions of my project:
1) "Flying t-90" - version before pushing Create Animation button, but after preview.
2) "Flying t-90 after create animation" - version with created keyframes, which are not working.
3) "Flying t-90 without tracks" - early version, where Create Animation works fine, but... to make tracks riging again from scratch? No way!

Take a look, maybe You'll figure it out. Projects just in case are saved in 2010 format. In fact they were created in max 2011.

Flying_t_90.rar
Flying_t_90_after_create_animation.rar
Flying_t_90_without_tracks.rar

Return to posts index

Roman Yavorsky
Re: Strange problem with Reactor (Project included)
on Jan 9, 2012 at 6:49:16 am

I have deleted all the keyframes from the trampoline (soft body), from the tank, it's tower, from each track, but Create Animation is still creating empty keyframes
I've taken a look on the Curve Editor - and there are every curve is a straight line.

I thought I knew what the hell is going on, when I noticed that every simulation I do has the exact same quantity of keyframes as if it creates an animation of some old simulation, not from the latest preview.
I've tried to do a very short simulation in preview, but Create Animation again did exactly the same keyframes.

But then I've taken a look on the "Preview & Animation" from main Reactor menu and have seen that "End Frame" is set to the same amount of keyframes. I don't know, maybe that's OK, but I thought keyframes are creating just to the end of the specific simulation, and "End Frame" is just a limit. Anyway keyframes are empty and this issue got to be solved.

P.S. Also I have a suspicion falling on the fact that recently before this problem after pushing P button to start the simulation in preview my tank didn't begin flying. And in order to get him to obey the physics I had to touch him by right mouse button.

Return to posts index

Roman Yavorsky
on Jan 9, 2012 at 6:49:56 am

I've tried to import to my earlier project Flying_t_90, where animation works fine, tank mesh and all the Hinges elements, which are linking the tracks, from broken project using Merge function - It hasn't succeed. Earlier project got the same disease.

Return to posts index

Roman Yavorsky
on Jan 9, 2012 at 7:17:30 am

Issue is solved

Return to posts index

Hilari Sanabria
on Jan 25, 2014 at 6:05:30 am

How did you solve it ? What was the problem?. I just happen to go though the same situation right now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]