3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

Looking for guidance for beginner on 3d studio max.

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lee gibbonsLooking for guidance for beginner on 3d studio max.
by on Nov 13, 2011 at 7:41:55 pm

I always come here for advice because basically everyone is real friendly and very knowledgeable.

I have been using Premiere, Photoshop, and After effects for around 5 years and I am pretty decent at it :). I went for a job interview last week at a games company as a UI artist and they loved my work but told me I need a lot more variety of work.

Why am I telling you this? Because I have decided to start a new software so I can try get a mass amount of different style of work and eventually try design my own computer game.

I am basically looking for some sort of long term tutorial session that I am willing to pay for. Hopefully from basic beginners up to some real complex stuff, I have been looking around on the net and I really cannot find anything that is going to be perfect, also I don't want to spend money on a tutorial that isn't going to help me.

can anyone give me some links or suggestions to where I should start with this?

any suggestions or replies will be really appreciated.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Looking for guidance for beginner on 3d studio max.
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 12:15:53 am

Lee -

First the free stuff - Max comes with lots of tutorials, and there are even more on:

The one thing you won't (or might not, anyway) find on any of the sites which offer free stuff is an organized lesson plan. I can think of no better place to start than Lynda.com.

Here's a list of their Max offerings at present:

They are well organized, focused on achieving a level of technical expertise (and believe me, you need it in Max), and pretty affordable.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved