3DS MAX: 3ds Max Forum 3ds Max Tutorials

preventing normal scale interpolation

COW Forums : Autodesk 3ds Max

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott watkinspreventing normal scale interpolation
by on Nov 2, 2011 at 9:01:44 am

I have an animated object that moves along a spline towards a camera. As it gets nearer it gets bigger (like it should) and stosp when it reaches a rectangular finsh line, . That is great, and I’m using it for an experiment where people judge the time of arrival of that object to the line. I also want to make renders of the object coming towards the camera but without the object getting bigger ie a totally artificial condition.

I would therefore like the object to remain exactly the same size as when it begins, to when it ends. In other words, you could measure the object with a plastic ruler on the screen and it would be identical sizes in the first frame and the last frame of the animation. I’ve tried reducing the size of the object in the last frame but then max interpolates backwards and makes the motorbike really small in the first frame. I want to stop it from interplating any sort of scale change at all.

One solution might be to attach the camera to the motobike. However. This means the camera moves backwards away from the finish line so can;t do that either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved